Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Philip2001

USB Drivers for Windows NT

I have over 100 PC's running under NT. I am trying to connect a USB camera to all PC. I have heard that some software is available for hard drives, mice and keyboards. I am currently waiting to see if VideoOCX will work. Has anyone had any success with USB running unders Windows NT. Windriver will creat the driver. Cost is $4000 for the software alone. I am looking for a stand alone or possible an AxtiveX module.

Thanks

As I'm sure you're aware, NT doesn't support USB. A few companies that supply USB devices have taken the time and trouble to write NT4 drivers, but they're usually quite specific to the hardware they're supplied with. They won't work with other bits of hardware.

So I'd guess you're going to be out of luck. Is there not a serial port option available for your camera? That might help.

i will agree with Bursar.

i have see some usb to serial adaptors.

but i don't know if they work...

Hey, akiss! How did you do that, displaying my computer's info on that sign the character's holding? Actually, this is the computer at my workplace. I still have to wait to buy a new monitor for my computer at home. 8)

Hi All,

Even I am facing the same problem as Philiph2001,

I want a USB driver for my Kodak camera, my current OS is WINNT.

Can some provide me with some help on the same

Quote:

Ha, that is AWESOME akiss... I like it!

smile

* If I was not so attached to my signature, I would do that one in "two-shakes-of-a-lamb's-tail" because it IS cool!

APK

P.S.=> Hat's off to the creators of it from me @ least, there is STILL some original thought & creativity left out there I see... apk

noel.gif
biggthum.gif