Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duhmez

How can I move my quicklaunch foldder to a new location?

i DON'T WANT IT ON C: BECAUSE i GHOST MY C: OFTEN, and besides, I want any settings and temporary data go on another drive, just havent found a way for this one thing yet.

Can't you just make a new folder on the other drive, copy all the shortcuts to that folder and create a new toolbar using that folder?

is there a way to increase the number of shortcuts that appear in the quicklaunch toolbar? i currently only have 3 shortcuts.

thanks

Quote:
is there a way to increase the number of shortcuts that appear in the quicklaunch toolbar? i currently only have 3 shortcuts.

thanks
Right click on the toolbar and choose open. Add anything you want to it.

Quote:
Quote:

thanks
Right click on the toolbar and choose open. Add anything you want to it.

thanks for the quick reply.

wat i am asking is that currently there are only 3 icons showing on the quicklaunch toolbar- is there a way to increase that so i dont have to click on those 2 arrows (>>) on the side and clicking on a list of shorcuts?

thanks again

Can't you unlock the taskbar, then drag the quicklaunch bit out so that it shows all the buttons?

Rgds

AndyF

Quote:
Can't you unlock the taskbar, then drag the quicklaunch bit out so that it shows all the buttons?

Rgds
AndyF

That would work. Now that I think about it, you can just alt+drag the exe/shortcut to the toolbar as well.

to move quicklaunch to another folder or hard disk:

Copy C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR USER PROFILE NAME>\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch to your new location.

Then edit the following registry entry to point to the new location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GrpConv\MapGroups

Quick Launch is a reg_sz value.