Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
freddy

VGA to TV

I thought this would be a simple one, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I'm just looking for a cable or small device that converts the VGA out on my video card to composite or S-Video in on my TV.

I just want my computer to run on my TV screen.

Incase your wondering, I'm not trying to do my word processing on a huge 42 inch TV screen laugh I value my eyesight! I'm thinking of buying one of these - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/MSI_barebones.html and rather then standing a monitor next to my TV in my living room I want to be able to do it on my TV.

Anyone know where I could get such a cable? Or what exists that could do this? I could get a Video card with TV out couldn't I?

Thanks,

FREDDY

It's funny, I often end up replying to my own threads with my own answer laugh

Must be the time difference, if I post in the morning here in the UK the view count slowly pushes up...maybe to 10 views by the afternoon...then once it hits 3:00pm...when you lot are just getting to work or just logging on...the views shoot right up. By which time I've done a little more research and found something for myself.

I guess it reveals a lazy trait in me! 8)

By the way here’s the product I found

http://maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?moduleno=35258&modulecode=

FREDDY

I've been thinking the same thing, but there is no way to directly plug your vga into a tv. You need some kind of a converter.

BTW why don't you get an cheap agp card with tvout? I got myself a geforce mx200 tvout for my system and it was really cheap.

Yes I recommend the same thing, most of these cards are very cheap now but of course many of the top of the line cards also come with the S-Video output connector as well smile

Thanks.

I think I would rather wait until I can afford a top of the range AGP card with TV-out. A cheap one would work, but I'd rather get the USB device I put in my last post, that can be used on any computer and I'm sure it would come in handy for use with a laptop too.

FREDDY

Quote:
You do need a decoder onbaord unless you have an HDTV with VGA or DVI inputs

on board the usb item? i would asume it comes with it....?

Almost all new vid card have S-video out, it is almost a standard on all news cards over the last few years

i got a

Quote:
I've been thinking the same thing, but there is no way to directly plug your vga into a tv. You need some kind of a converter.

BTW why don't you get an cheap agp card with tvout? I got myself a geforce mx200 tvout for my system and it was really cheap.

hey what do you say! i have such a device (convertor) in stock now. one end is vga, the other end is s-video and comp. out.
it seems to be a very simple thing. if you live in norht america you can try Radio Shack and order one.