Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HybrdFusioNZ

Problems with mouse shortcuts win xp pro sp1

Just recently installed SP1 and my logitech USB optical mouse still functions properly but under the new mouseware drivers [provided by logitech], some features do not function after a period of time. For instance, my middle-wheel button acts as minimize button and it allows me to minimize my windows easily but after a while the mouseware functions come to a hault and the middle button doesn't minimize my windows anymore. I also see a significant decrease in mouse speed. This also happens on certain windows I open [like everytime I view the contents on D drive], and when I revert back to a different window the functions come back to me again.

At first I thought it was the new mouseware drivers so I uninstalled those and tried different kinds of mouse software such as CoolMouse and UltraMouse. I stuck with ultramouse only to find out that the samething happens also.

This may have been difficult to understand but if anyone can find a solution to this, that'll be great. I'm trying to avoid restoring my system before SP1 was installed so any workarounds are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

my neighbor had the same type of problem

we plugged the usb into the ps2 port and everything was fixed

(u have to reinstal the mouse and drivers)