Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PinkPanther

Burning CD - Temp Files Can Not Be Deleted

Hello all,

I normally use the built-in method in Windows XP Pro to burn my CDs. You put in a blank CD, an Explorer window pops open, you drag your files to it, and burn. Normally, this goes without any trouble.

Today, I had a CD fail to burn for the first time, and now, everytime I out in a blank CD, I get a message claiming that I have files waiting to be burned (the old ones that had failed.) When I try to delete the "temp" files, I get a message that another application is using them.

I have tried all the obvious stuff, rebooting, killing every single process and application running on my system, and still, the system thinks something is using these temp files.

I can still burn CDs using Nero or Easy CD Creator (I have both on my system), but I can no longer burn CDs using my old method of dragging files in Explorer, because those old temp files are still being treated as something that needs to be burned, and they always fail now.

Any ideas?

I don't know where Windows physically puts these temp files, I have looked and run searches and no luck so far.

Thanks for any help

Right click on the offending drive.

Click on properties. THen click on the recording tab

Uncheck the "record using this device"

Reboot

Then enable it again

I tried the suggestion here, but alas, no luck. When I returned the drive to be recordable again and rebooted, the first thing that happened was the little popup that said I had files waiting to be burned. And again, trying to delete them claims they are in use by another application frown