Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedRooster

Need info on file name socks4455.exe! Possible virus?

I did a google search but didn't find anything. I'm asking because I realised that file was running at startup now and taking a lot of juice! Also my cable lights kept flashing like I was downloading something but I wasn't! So I installed Zone Alarm and kept getting "attacked" by the same IP. Probably why the lights were flashing all the time. Anyways I ended the process and turn it off at startup but I'm wondering where that file came from! Now the cable is back to normal. The file is in the winnt/system32 folder. Also I can't reach this site anymore from home(at work now), well here and majorgeeks.com. Unless the site is always down after work, I really have a problem frown

Thanks!

This is definitly not a windows file. End its task and delete it. Also make sure it's not copying itself at startup (look in registry). You could try lavasoft's Ad-aware to detect it, it's a adware/spyware removal utility.

I'll check in the registry tonight. I already ran Ad-aware and it didn't find anything related to it. Checked with a trojan scanner also.