Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

Email Client / software that can................

Hey all!

does anyone know of an email client / system that will allow multiple people to access one email account and...

Basically we have 3 computers that we want to handle support emails - we want all 3 people to be able to check the one address say support@support.com and answer emails, but this will also show say Bob that joe answered an email so they do not asnwer it.

i guess i want a "profesional" email client / system as if this was a proper buisness support system...... Cost is but isnt an issue - depends on how useful i can show that this new software would be.

Currently we use Outlook and only 1 person can access the pst.file at a time.

We need a solution that will allow multiple people to answer emails from one accout but will not let people answer emails that have already been handled.....

have i cunfused anyone yet? laugh

Systems .... yes

Exchange .... Domino .... Groupwise

If multiple clients need to access a single flat file, then they need full RW privileges, which is not possible with Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Notes. (Unless I am missing something)

Sorry, I havent worked with any other clients.

kew

now exchange does that not just do an email server?

well i guess that is what i need is a "central" system that will server out unread emails and track what has been asnwered already so basically everyones inbox and sent items looks identical.

So if i answered and email in my system, it would then show in your system as read type thing :)_

Bro what you need is Help Desk software.

I used to know a vendor that had a pretty good package that we used at my old job. It would take emails and make them help desk tickets, and whoever helped them would note it on the ticket, and they provided various options to on the status and such of the pending tickets.

I'll research a little and let you know.

What you are asking for can be done with exchange 2000 and event sinks but like what sapiens said, if this is the primary function, I would invest in HelpDesk Software.

We use http://www.epicor.com/ with a SQL2000 backend.

^^ shall check those out

right now we have our own made PHP /MySQL system in place - we looked at thing like HEAT - but the price was pretty high for what it could do.

the thing with our PHP system is we manually put in th tickets our self for a person, which is not hard = - but now the PHP man is looking into IMAP for some reason (even though ia lready have an email server going) but i understand that IMAP can allow multiple people to access to one email file.

but yes, basiclly we need CSR or what ever software, but want something that is flexible and more so uses some type of MySQL database that we could combine into our current system.