Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

How can i burn cds that look like retail cds?

How can i burn cds that look like retail cds?

So how can it be done, our company will be releasing our software on cd and i would like to be able to do it in house, i was curious as to what is need to make the cds that are burned look like retail cds - as in all silver on the bottom so u can no really see what was burned.

Also, any good cd printing machines - i know they run about $1500 for a good one frown

all feedback is appreciated.

You can buy raw cd-r's that look silver from both sides, you just need to print them using the same technique that they use to get your firm's name on lighters, ballpoints ... and other plastic.

i am hoping for the cds i cna just print right on top of them, i could get the clear plastic labels! true true!

do u by chance know a place where these raw cd could be purchased?

I print CD's for all my courses using a Bravo Print Publisher. I buy blank printable cd's in both white and silver. You just design what you want on the cd and it will burn then print (and burn another) at the same time. It makes for some pretty good looking cd's.

however there are draw backs to this method. The ink takes a while to dry so you can smudge them. So it is best to let them sit awhile.

I have had to do many many CD's for work and I must say STAY AWAY from anything that you print then stick on a cd. The labels will dry and peel off possibly damaging the CD reader. I have yet to find a label that won't dry and peel after awhile.

Now a Bravo publisher isn't cheap (about 2,000 US) but it has made my life alot easier especially if I have lot's of cd's to do I just start it up before I leave work and come back the next morning (and barring any technical problem) they are ready. You can stack about 25 cd's in the bin at a time.

PS it does DVD's as well

S

heres a link and it works on PC's even though it's a MAC link I'm giving you.

http://mac-pro.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Bravo-cdr&Category_Code=P1

S

Just an FYI here, Yamaha has their own home/soho burners that use something they call DISCT@2 or Disc Tattoo

Here's their external burner model, the CRWF1

Well you could change your printer to a Epson Stylus Photo 900 printer. It can print on cd's as well as print your documents.

Quote:
Well you could change your printer to a Epson Stylus Photo 900 printer. It can print on cd's as well as print your documents.

Now there is an idea, got a new digital camera now so want a better one then my C82.

Quote:
Quote:

Now there is an idea, got a new digital camera now so want a better one then my C82.

Well I would do that if it wasn't for the fact that I have a fairly new C62.

my C82 is a good printer, cant deny that, but now that i got a digital camera and i plan to take many more pics, the investment into a proper photo printer would be good smile

Quote:
my C82 is a good printer, cant deny that, but now that i got a digital camera and i plan to take many more pics, the investment into a proper photo printer would be good smile

Well keep am Epson photo printer. I happen to work for a Wal-Mart Supercenter here in San Antonio and we have a Photo Stylus 825 for 125USD. It's nice and we have the Cartridges for 18 something USD for Color and 22 something USD for the black. I think the six ink color cart. is great for photos. If you make a lot of 4"x6" prints a dye sub printer is the way to go.