Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Radioactive Frog

zonealarm pro Vs Mcafee Firewall 4.0

I have the latest version of zonealarm pro on my pc. But someone has offered my their copy of Mcafee Firewall 4.0 as they where given it and don't want it!?

Does anyone know which is better?

i am using my puter on a mini home network with adsl !

thanks

Have you tried Sygate Personal Firewall? It's free, and seems to be more configurable and have better logging than both McAfee and ZA.

u get what you pay for

Mcafee normally cost money - and frankly - unless you have an old system - the resources it uses should not be noticable.

Zonealarm Pro is what I use and it works quite well. It can block pop-up's and can be put into stealth mode. The only other firewall I like is Sygate personal but it's nearly simular to Zonealarm Pro 4.0.

Quote:
Zonealarm Pro is what I use and it works quite well. It can block pop-up's and can be put into stealth mode. The only other firewall I like is Sygate personal but it's nearly simular to Zonealarm Pro 4.0.

I have been happy with zonealarm. I havn't heard the best things about MacAfee AV but I havn't heard anything about the firewall. I say put MacAfee on for a couple of weeks and decide for yourself.

Quote:
Quote:

I have been happy with zonealarm. I havn't heard the best things about MacAfee AV but I havn't heard anything about the firewall. I say put MacAfee on for a couple of weeks and decide for yourself.

I have had extremely good luck with McAfee AV myself for quite a while, but I don't think I would care for their firewall. Then again, I don't like any personal firewalls and use major firewalls for my whole network.

I happen to like PC-cillin 2002 alot.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have had extremely good luck with McAfee AV myself for quite a while, but I don't think I would care for their firewall. Then again, I don't like any personal firewalls and use major firewalls for my whole network.

THe new update cleans out cache and cookies and stuff.

DOes what the disk cleanup util does, cept you can have it done automatically.