Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sagrach

customize win2kpro desktop?

There used to be a forum in here that had info on how to customize the desktop or find software that gave you the options. I spent like two hours looking for it, but no luck...(guess, I should have used it when I saw it) Anyway, if anyone could give me some info on where/how to get icons without the blue background behind text and such, I would appreciate it. thnx

sg

Can't see what your problem is. Win2K Pro's Desktop is almost infinitely customisable and it's all there, already in Win2K. Go to Display and open up the Appearance tab. In there, you can select icon sizes, font sizes, parts of windows sizes, colours, etc., etc.

Perhaps your idea of customising is different to mine, though.

thnx for suggestions...I tried downloading hook99, but without any luck. I cannot open the .ZIP file once I downloaded it. Maybe I'm just clueless and missing something...

And although the 2k setup is nice - I would really like to make the icon script transparent...any further suggestions.

appreciate the thots. ;(

Quote:
thnx for suggestions...I tried downloading hook99, but without any luck. I cannot open the .ZIP file once I downloaded it. Maybe I'm just clueless and missing something...
And although the 2k setup is nice - I would really like to make the icon script transparent...any further suggestions.
appreciate the thots. ;(

you will need a zip utility like Winzip or WinAR to open zip files.

Preferably you should use winzip.