Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hipshot

Shortcut to run?

If I was to link to run through a shortcut, how would I do then? just typing run wont work, typing notepad works, is there even a 'run' thing, I hope you know what I mean, the little console you can reach via the start menu smile not to be mistaken for the command promt, or cmd for some.

Quote:
If I was to link to run through a shortcut, how would I do then? just typing run wont work, typing notepad works, is there even a 'run' thing, I hope you know what I mean, the little console you can reach via the start menu smile not to be mistaken for the command promt, or cmd for some.

Well one way is to drag the shortcut from the start menu. It says the target is "&Run..". Just drag it though. Worked heer.

ViolentGreen, im not sure what you mean, how can I drag that one to the desktop.

just to clarify what I mean --> http://www.home.no/hipshot/run.gif (inside the red circle)

nebus, Ive disabled x-shortcuts, so thats a no go.

----

update, I know why i couldent drag it Violentgreen, cause Im using the oldschool simple and neat start menu look, you cant drag from that, tested the new xpish menu, and worked fine, thanks.

Quote:
ViolentGreen, im not sure what you mean, how can I drag that one to the desktop.

just to clarify what I mean --> htp://www.home.no/hipshot/run.gift (inside the red circle)

nebus, Ive disabled x-shortcuts, so thats a no go.

----

update, I know why i couldent drag it Violentgreen, cause Im using the oldschool simple and neat start menu look, you cant drag from that, tested the new xpish menu, and worked fine, thanks.

np...glad it worked