Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CrazyKillerMan

Mail Client that sorts IMAP

I know a little about IMAP and its workings (I run an IMAP server @ home).

I am just curious to see if anyone out there has a mail client program like OE (but not cause it dont) that sorts IMAP mail accounts? It has to be shareware/freeware and Outlook isnt an option as I run OO @ work.

Most standard e-mail packages will support IMAP out of the box.

Mozilla/Netscape clients certainly do, as does Eudora.

I've also heard good things about "The Bat!" e-mail package, it's supposed to be good, and cheap!

Hope this helps

Rgds

AndyF

keyword missed was "sort"

ie: Mail rules

ie: Mail from x goes to folder y

IMAP is kept on server....so....the mail server and client would have to converse when the user starts it, then move email around on the mail servers folder list

know what i mean?

from re-reading my first post...it wasnt really clear what I want....shouldnt have used the word "accounts"

"I need an email client that is able to use mail rules on IMAP accounts"

Much better laugh

Much clearer laugh

From The Bat!'s webpage:

Quote:
Sorting Office

The Sorting Office is a powerful filtering system, not only sorts incoming, outgoing, read, and replied messages to folders, but also can auto-respond; reply with a custom template; forward, redirect, print, or export messages; send reading confirmations; run an external program and more.

From Eudora's webpage:

Quote:
Manage messages and eliminate unwanted email easily through extensive filtering capabilties.

Thousands of filter action combinations enable you to send unwanted emails straight into the trash or direct messages into different mailboxes automatically.

SO, in answer to your revised question, yes other e-mail apps can do rules based filtering, I don't see any reason why these wouldn't work with IMAP as opposed to, say, POP and local folders. But the best thing to be would be to suck it and try - both apps have free trial downloads.

Rgds

AndyF