Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

Deus Ex 2 Demo

Just downloaded the demo and it runs fine, but the default view with the icons in the middle of the screen is awful

Anyone know how to change?

Downloaded and tried it out, runs slow on my PC.

Intel P4-2.4/800FSB

Radeon 8500

1 GB Dual DDR400

The interface is a tad annoying, and there is some missing functionality from the first game, eg. no function key to put away items

The interface is terrbily annoying

I hope they change it, cause I won't buy the game with it like that

The game has gone gold and its done and its a terrible demo and I think Deus Ex will be one of the most disappointing sequels in history.

The game feels like a console and things that made the original a certifiable classic, are gone.

No skill points, missing control features like throw/put away item, game has unified ammo (ie. no differentiation between shotgun/sniper ammo), inventory system is weak, combat is ineffective (ie. where are the headshots), locational damage gone (in DX1 you got hurt in the torso, head, leg, etc, in this one its all Quake style)

Ouch....I am very disappointed!

THat seals Halo for game of the year then

Was hopping Deus Ex was going to be a real winner

Was the last big game release of the year.

Quote:
Downloaded and tried it out, runs slow on my PC.

Intel P4-2.4/800FSB
Radeon 8500
1 GB Dual DDR400

The interface is a tad annoying, and there is some missing functionality from the first game, eg. no function key to put away items

it is your video card smile - that card is slowly getting outdated now with the games that are coming out.,

but yes, this game was also a bad port as most concole games are.

I know my video card isn't that great, but its clocked at 300/600 and can run other games fine, this one won't even run in 640x480 no AA or AF without lag and glitches, its not implemented properly, the game's engine needs help. People have been posting everywhere with problems on Radeon 9500 PRO and even the Radeon 9800!

The developers though are aware of the lag issues and are looking into it, because an 8500 or GF3 should be able to play the game at 640x480 with more than acceptable frame rates.