Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
moc

DVDR drive problem

I have a Matshita DVDR drive that now will not read or write DVDR's. I am a real novice so if anyone out there can help me out that would be appreciated. For some reason the drive will read regular dvd's but not DVDR's. I believe it may be due to the fact I use the drive for cdr recording occassionally but I am not sure. Any advice would be helpful.

I am not sure about what you mean on booksetting. I have only used the DVD burn function about 2 or 3 times so far and now it won't read or write dvdr. Some of the dvdr discs I have tried were movies (that I had been able to view before) but what I was last trying to do was burn a dvd data disc using ROXIO. One strange thing that will happen is that when I put a dvdr (blank or one that has a movie or data on it) into the drive the icon in Windows Explorer will go from saying "DVD-RAM drive (E)" to "CDR drive (E)". Does that mean anything special? BTW I have Window XP OS.

Not sure.

You may want to uninstall the drive in Device manager and let it redetect it

I had problems with Roxio before. What version are you using?

I will try that...but let me show my ignorance: what is the proper procedure for uninstalling the drive and having it redetected? I have Roxio easy CD Creator 5. Thanks a lot for the help btw. laugh

Quote:
I will try that...but let me show my ignorance: what is the proper procedure for uninstalling the drive and having it redetected? I have Roxio easy CD Creator 5. Thanks a lot for the help btw. laugh

Not sure what OS you are using... If you are using XP or 2000 you can right click My Computer, click the hardware tab and then click Device Manager. Expand the DVD/CD-ROM Drives entry. Right click on your DVDR and choose uninstall.

Reboot. It should automatically detect and install the drivers.

I installed Roxio 5 Plat, and my CDRW stopped working completely.

I had to reinstall the OS

Roxio 5 you have to run the engine setup reboot then install the program then install the update without reboot.