Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duhmez

ICS cannot be enabled make sure lan adapter is installed

here is the deal. I have one lan adapter in my pc. It is 192.168.0.1. My internet nic is instaled, i try to enable ICS and i keep getting error 783 : The adapter specified is not present or non funtioning blah blah ICS cannot be enabled. MS knowledge base simply says " another nic somewhere on the lan has 192.168.0.1" but this is not how it currently is, the ICS has the .1 address right now.

WTF do I do to fix this?

here is relevent info. When I run nat32 config, it shows a non connected adapter which is unchoosable. I think ICS is tyring to bind to this non connected adapter. (the non connected adapter is the same nic that's in there now, but I uninstaled and reinstaled the driver for it a little bit ago)

I went into device manager and "show hidden devices" And I culd not see it in there to remove it, just the one real working nic that's in there. This is driving me crazy as my main rig gets its internet through the ICS machine, so I am dialing up now.

Have you tried using the repair option on this NIC yet ?!?

Also, I've only used the Home Networking Wizard to configure ICS/ICF and each time it seemed to work just fine.

I'm thinking that perhaps the current NIC driver may have gotten corrupted, have you uninstalled the driver, shut down then reboot into safe mode to verify that the driver is now gone then restart into normal mode and double check again. At this point make sure you have the latest device drivers for the NIC on the local HD or a floppy disk and then shut down again. Now reinstall the NIC and have it redect, but this time direct the drivers to the location of the newest drivers.