Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dbgg1979

problem with filenames when using dreamweaver mx

i was working on a website at my place using dreamweaver mx. i have windows xp pro while my pc at the office is running win98 se

my problem is that when i brought the files to the office to upload, most of the filenames are in caps already. but if i bring them home and view them in windows xp, they are all in small caps.

can someone please help me? it totally ruined the whole website. images are not appearing since the filenames are in caps and they dont match with those in the html source code frown

There is an option in win98 to allow filenames in big caps.

My computer > view > folder options ... > view (tab) > checkbox "allow filenames beeing writen ...

Hope this helps.

no, i dont want my filenames in big caps. i want them all in small caps.

i always use my pc at home to create a website. my pc at home is running windows xp pro and i use dreamweaver mx.

i use small caps for all my files in the website. lets say i have an index.html link to about.html . so that means that within the souce code of index.html theres an "href" to a file "about.html" . but whenever i bring my files to my pc in the office which is running windows 98 se, when you view your files through windows explorer, all the filenames are in big caps. index.html would now be INDEX.HTML or index.HTML and about.html would either be about.HTML or ABOUT.HTML.

so when i upload the site. the link from index.html to about.html will cause an error since the server is case sensitive and about.html is treated as a different file from ABOUT.HTML

has anyone experienced this problem? its a real hassle to rename all the filenames back to smallcaps.