Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Catdog02

Urgent Exchange 5.5 help requested

All.

The story is long winded, but basically I have NT SBS 4.5 on a "last legs" machine. It was running MS Proxy and Exchange SBS 5 - it is also the PDC. The whole system is corrupt, so we've built an NT4 box next to it. Unfortunatley we don't have any SBS disks, and we've had to use individual installations of Proxy 2.0, Exchange 5.5 and NT4.

The problem is as follows:

The SBS Exchange is using MS POP 3 Connector, sucking down email from an Internet server, and until a couple of days ago, delivering to user Mail Boxes. (the reason its stopped working is unknown)

Apparently MS hasn't released POP3 Connector for "normal" exchange, and without the SBS installation disks, we can't remove the existing PDC. Our BDC is now handling the Internet connection (FYI) Can someone tell me how to replicate mail between normal exchange and exchange SBS, so that our good machine is acting as the Internet proxy, and the mail server for the clients, whilst the other machine collects mail from the POP server outside the network?

Cheers

Nate - New Zealand.

If I remember correctly, you cannot join another domain controller to an SBS network (meaning no BDC). This means you may not be able to join another machine to the domain to run a parallel Exchange...