Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Braunyaur

HP 8100i and Win2k Build 2195

This has probably already been discussed, but I coul dnot find the information I need from a Search of the board, and I need assistance getting my HP 8100i working in Win2k.

I have tried using Nero, CDRWin, and the Adaptec offerings (up to 4.0), but the best I can get is an error message that they cannot write to device 0 (the drive is on secondary master).

The unit works fine in Win98, and I have tried to install the ASPI drivers, but it tells me that I do not have any compatible devices installed and will not update.

Other than that, the drive is detected, and I can assign the CDR and CDRW formats in Computer Management. It also reads CDR media, but I have not tried CDRW.

Any ideas on this?

I haven't looked through many CD-R related posts because my HP 8200+ works fine in win2k. I am using Adaptec EZ CD Creator 4.01 Deluxe.. Haven't tried any other CD-R applications, but I've had no problems burning CDs with this version of EZ CD...

HTH,

El^Nut.

I have an 8100 , I had to get the aspi drivers for it. aspi32.exe , Now it works great and I use CDRWin and Adaptec Easy CD 4.

Nascarfool,

I have tried to install the ASPI drivers, but got nothing. The drivers would not install.

Hate to ask this, but how about a step-by-step on how you did it?

I have an 8100+ and it works fine in Win2K. I have had no problems burning anything besides CDRWin being retarded but thats something else. Just open up device manager and see if it lists the drive as an HP 8100 if it doesnt than thats your problem. To update your aspi layer get the new aspi drivers then run aspi32.exe and it will install them

I had the same problem with my 8200i. The problem is the aspi32.exe file is usually an updater. Your problem (most likely) is you need aspiinst.exe located on your easy cd creator cd in the easy cd creator directory...

cdrom:\english\easy cd creator\aspiinst.exe

That should work for you if not i don't know...

easy cd creator does not work for me but cdrwin nero and just about every other one does.

Storm

Start by uninstalling all burning programs.

Then install Adaptec Easy CD 4.0 ONLY (Do not install Direct CD yet), Then go to www.adaptec.com and find the newest release of the aspi drivers. Install and reboot. Then install CDRWin (I use 3.7f)Reboot again . Explore the Easy CD 4 disk and find the Direct CD folder , install it from the folder . Reboot and all should work.

[This message has been edited by NascarFool (edited 25 January 2000).]

Braunyaur,

Have you tried GiULiO Ardoino's method?

I have the same CD Writer and his method works for me. Try searching around deja.com or remarq.com for this guy call GiULio Ardoino, he has came out with the patch program to make it running. Unfortunately I have lost his homepage address. deja or remarq would have his homepage address.