Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
orend

Language Bar Gone Mad! Help!

I'm using Windows XP Professional (SP1) with 3 languages (English, Hebrew, Hungarian). Lately the language bar hasn't been functioning correctly. The language selection is "stuck", meaning that even if I click the language bar and change the language, it would still stay on the default one (EN). Also, sometimes the language bar appears empty altogether (with no language label on it). At the Regional and Language Options in the control panel the "Language Bar..." option is usually shaded, so I can't select it, and when sometimes (randomally it seems) it is not shaded then all the sub-options under it are, and cannot be set.

Also some settings I change at the Regional and Language Options aren't kept after I restart Windows, like the "turn off advanced text services".

Another strange thing is that sometimes I have to click the "Regional and Language Options" Control Panel icon twice before it opens...

Is there a way to fix this problem? To reinstall the language bar? What DLLs/Registry Keys govern it? I'm reluctant to reinstall Windows XP just because of this problem, although it is very annoying.

By the way, my computer is virus free (scanned with Panda Antivirus, Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy and SpyBlaster).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!