Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hardwarecrazy

w2K Hardware configuration problem - Help needed!

I am facing the following issue with a w2K Server with Abit KT7A-RAID mother board. The board has two I/O RAID ports controlled by High Point HPT370 chipset and two normal IDE ports.

I installed W2KS on a 120GB HD after connecting it to the normal IDE port. No issues there. All ok. Then installed the HPT370 drivers and then moved the Hard disk cable to the KT7A-RAID IDE port. The BIOS for the High Point controller detects the disk and no issues on booting. However, when W2K starts, it comes up with a message "W2K cannot start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Cannot read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Check w2k documentation about hardware disk configuration". When the cable is put back into the standard IDE port, the disk is bootable.

Where is this configuration information written? I have seen somewhere that there is a boot.ini file - is this the one? (I could not find this file in the boot drive).

Can some W2K Server expert throw some light on this? Much obliged for your time.