Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jd44

Help...Entry point errors

Hi I'm having trouble with win 2000 service bult 2195 with sp 1 right now that is all that was installed succefully that has to do with win 2000 sp updates. When i bought a new dvd burner it came with roxio 6 suite. I went ahead and installed it and then found some reviews that i didn't care for so i deleted it. well that didn't go so well but i did get it to be deleted all the way,pretty sure I think! But after I deleted roxio, i keep getting a message on start up right after windows go's to having you sign in, it hangs then comes up with the bad blue screen and has these errors come up,"windows driver point not found"

The\SystemRoot\sys32\drivers\DXAPI.sys device driver could not be locate the entry point KeIsAttached Process in driver NtoskRNL.exe

The other one that comes up is driver entry point not found

The\system root\system32\drivers\ATInRvxxx.sys device drivers could not locate the entry point streamclass stream Notification in driver stream.sys

Befor it got that bad, windows would run up but then every time you would try to open something the windows installer would come up and say it was trying to install something, would never say what it was trying to install but think it was to do with roxio.

This info is off a companys site that reads what you have on board. I'm running a raid 1 sys

1.67 gig AMD Athlon xp

TDK w0404n dvd drive

ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON

1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

224.84 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller (WDM)

HighPoint RCM Device

HPT370 UDMA/ATA100 RAID Controller

VIA PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller

VIA USB Universal Host Controller

VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter

Network Card MAC

Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

ATI Multimedia Center Version 7.1

Any help with this

Thank you

John D.

In the bad old days of W2K SP2, I would occasionally have to uninstall Adeptec/Roxio...it seemed to get tied up with the Dell Management stuff. In order to resolve the problems, I would have to uninstall both Roxio and Dell management stuff. Then I could reinstall Roxio and all was well. The Dell management stuff should have been deleted from the machine when it came in the door but was neglected or overlooked.

If you can uninstall other software that may be causing problems and get to a stable platform, try patching to SP4 (it really is better than SP2!) and then reinstall Roxio.

-overworked-

I am having a very similar problem. I just did a reinstall of Win 2k, build 2195, SP4 to solve some issues with upgrading DVD copy. My system is now seriously hosed, giving me the blue screen of death and the identical message "dxapi.sys could not find" blah blah blah. I can boot up under safe mode, but I can't find any mystery drivers to uninstall. I'm not sure what a mystery driver looks or smells like. I did delete one that had a ? next to it, with no benefit.

I am having issues with Roxio 5 trying to install itself over and over. Funny thing, I don't ever remember installing it in the first place! I can't find the original discs, the uninstaller wants them, and it is frustrating me. What is Roxio anyway?

My hardware is amazingly similar-you must read the same reviews.

AMD 1.53, Epox 8k7A+, RAID level 0, two 60 Gb maxtors, ATI 9600 AIW, Plextor 708a DVD. This thing was rock-solid until I caught the downloader.gk virus, and hasn't been the same since. I got rid of the virus, but maybe I threw the baby out with the bathwater. Or Norton did.

Did I mention that booting under safe mode with networking won't give me internet access? I have to use my wifes computer and burn files onto CDs to get access to drivers etc. Stupid Roxio, whatever it is.

HEEEEEEEEELP!