Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Douger1

internet explorer hijacked

Hi, I'm running Win XP Pro . when I go to Inter Expl My home page is not what it's suppose to be. I have gone to the folder Windows/sys32 and I have two files that are part of the problem, I think. They are- mtwirl.dll and mtwcnl.dll. I don't really know what else you may need to help me but please help, I've been hijacked. thank you

First you need 5 thing.

1 - Adgone

2 - Spybot & destroy

3 - Zone labs firewall

4 - Hijackthis.

5 - An anti virus. I like Protector PLus.

If you are not an advance user you will find Hijackthis a little bit complicated. But it's a must try. Then install ALL the other above and use them. I have these install and I never have a problem. It seem that preventing realy pays. I've heard lot of ppl around me that use older computer telling me that they have wierd bars in IE. When I ask, they only use an anti-virus. Well it's not enought any more.

So Run Hijackthis following the information on there forum page and good luck.

Thank you. Hijackthis worked. It found a bunch. I did'nt understand it all but took a chance and got rid of it all. Thanks again!

You're suppose to post the file on there support site and wait. They tell you what to get rid of.

But hey it work. As for Adawre and Spyboot. Well they are quite of equal power so !!! I don't see a point of using both.

take care

another tip

if your badly hijacked create a new temp admin account and run adaware from there

then delete that account.