Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shadowmatrix

Best Distro to use

I am currently using Mandrake 10 and so far I really like it. My question is whether this is the best version of linux to use. I have not used any other version before. I use my computer mainly for the following things. General internet and email, gaming, video editing (avi to vcd and svcd) I would appreciate any input on this.

shadow matrix i look at it like this stick to the distro that is currently working all versions of linux are the same its just the software incluided and kernel version that is different and you can get plenty of free apps to do what you want to do asking what the best distro is extremely opinioated

the answer will be based

on experience

the uses

prior experience

etc.

ive been sticking with these distros mind you i have over 25 different distros in my cd case

in order from favorite to okay

mandrake easy to learn good stability most of the times

red hat easy learning wide range of applications doesnt play well with windows

knoppix bootable and an excellent cd

this question is also answered on hardware specs

right now id recommend sticking with mandrake and then moving on

I'm sure that each of us has his or her favorite Distro. If you ask me, I'd strongly recommend Mepis. Dan will undoubtedly tell you Fedora. I think that all of the possible choices 'could' be valid, but honestly, If you're happy with Mandrake, you'd probably be best advised to stay with that for a while. Once you have more experience, then you'll be better prepared to make an informed choice.

hi were did you get the disc 4 of mandrake linux??

were can i download one that is not in an ftp site ??