Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jarves

wine

when i run other programs in windows in my linux platform using wine i get errors like "cannot find the file" what shall i do??

I may be able to help you with this, but I need you to post the exact error. Try running it again from the kde terminal, "konsole", then copy and paste it here in a post.

I just installed wine and i acn access the built-in notepad. How do i install windows programs using wine. Like quicktime.

i get error message like.

wine: cannot find 'winword' or any windows programs

Again, if you can post the exact error, I can probably help you with this. What you mention can be caused by any number of things.

all i get in the console is the message that wine cannot find 'windowsapp.exe',

where windowsapp.exe is the windows executable file that i want to run!!!

When running a windows application from console, try to cd into the directory where the application resides. Then, in a console, type the exact exe file that you want to run.

For example, if you want to run danleff.exe and resides is in the home directory;

cd /home

wine danleff.exe

Also, the app that you are attempting to run, did you just copy the exe file from a Windows directory, say in win 98, or attempt to install it with wine.

Give an example of what exact application that you want to run and where the app resides - your home directory...

A good tryout app is solitare. In this cae, you can copy the sol.exe from a win 98 directory to, say, your home directory (ie; /home/danleff), then run wine sol.exe from that directory in Linux.

But, in most cases, such as Dreamweaver, you need to install the app with wine first, then run the exe file from the native directory.

However, if your win system is win 98, you can run it from the native directory of the windows partition. Not so with Win XP, which wine will have trouble with.

I hope that I am clear. Post what you have and we will try to help.