Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BobbyKim

Pcoket PC Phone and Win Mob 2003 Upgrade

Hello all

I am currently using the Hitachi G1000 pocket pc phone edition. I must say I am very pleased with its performance todate. The problem is Hitachi and Sprint seem to be turning a deaf ear on the voices of their customers. I am dieing to upgrade my system to the new windows mobile 2003 second edition. It seems Sprint and Hitachi are focusing on the next generation of ppc even though many of the current users don't plan to change devices. Does any one know if it is possible to get the upgrade through "flashing" the ROM or even another manufacturer that might be campatible. If Flashing will do the trick where could I find the procedure. If there is another manufacturer that would be compatible with mine I would love to know the name.

Frustrated but still smiling :P

Bobbykim

it isnt possible, the ROM MUST be for that phone, im the owner of a Motorola MPX200, there have been ROMS for WM2003 for other phones bu we have just recentley got a hacked ROM, because Motorola arent gonna release a WM2003 ROM.

They wont release a new ROM because they are afraid it will eat into the sales of a new phone if they release one, because one of the major pulls of upgrading is the new OS.