Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
harplayer

Orinoco PCI adapter with PCMCIA Wireless Card issues

Problem: Cannot get card to install. have files for driver from Orinoco website to "build a driver" There has to be a better way to do this. Does anyone know of a better way then jumping through the hoops of "building" a driver? or a Desktop wireless card that I can drop in, click a lousy button and go? And yes, I want plug and pray in Linux(simply not viable in a our environment without it)

Orinoco PCI Wireless

Eth0 card does function and is on network(DNS was a pain, why is there no dynamic registration?)

If I didnt have to get this done for a test project I wouldnt do it, but I need 1 linux box on wireless for 802.11 exploit testing.

Thanks in advance

I can't imagine why you're having problems, unless Mdk 10 has done something funky that I'm not aware of, which I doubt, or your card isn't prism based. If it is prism based, you shouldn't have to build anything as the “drivers” for it are usually included with every major distro.

Exactly which PCI card do you have, the Gold or Silver, or something else? I'm not familiar with the PCI versions but the pcmcia cards are notoriously easy to get going under Linux.

See this thread for a little more info..