Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
c1steady

no audio sound ...HELP !!!!

I have bought the motherboard Elitegroupe N2U400-A with a processor AMD XP +2700 last week. After installing Win Xp SP1 and the CD provide from the motherboard, no aduio or sound is detected from my earphone. The motherboard came with an audio output.

Is any another problems with the motherboard ? Many thanks in advance for those helping me.

p.s The earphone is in a good working condition

Onboard sound usually has several outputs and inputs. The first thing is to make sure you are plugged into the amplified output. If perchance you are plugged into the non-amplified output, you could hear very little. And, if you are plugged into an input, you won't hear much either. I have plugged these things into the wrong holes so many times basically because I can't read the tiny indentations meant to describe what the socket is. Since I am so much of a know it all, I never look through the book to see what the colors actually mean.

Then, check to see if the Volume control (Start-Programs-Accessories-Entertainment-Volume Control) doesn't have a check mark in the mute all or mute boxes. Why would it be checked to mute? Don't know. But sometimes installs do really bizarre things.

If all that checks out and there is no sound, you will have to go into the BIOS to see if the onboard sound is enabled. If it isn't, enable it. If it is your first time into the BIOS, the way you will have to get to it is to reboot, but before Windows comes up start pressing any of the following Keys - DEL, ESC, F4. Actually, the computer will tell you what key to press to get into the BIOS. You may need to try this a few times since some machines really do speed through getting passed the point of no return. When you get into the BIOS (and while many are similar) they are different enough that I can't tell you where onboard sound is enabled, but eventually will find it.

If it is enabled, and there is still no sound, you will need to go to the Hardware Device Manager in Windows and possibly install the drivers for the sound. Right click on My Computer icon, choose Properties, then click on the tab Hardware and go down to the Button Device Manager. When it comes up look down the list of devices until you see "Sound, video, and device controllers". Click on the "+" to the left of the text. You will probably see several things in the list that tumbles down. You'll want to look for a device that says Realtek or it could say Soundblaster or Creative, right click on it and click on Properties. If the device is disabled, enable it. It is here you can update the drivers, it is also here you can see if there is somekind of conflict.

If it is enabled and the drivers are fine or updated and it still has no sound, calling the motherboard manufacturer tech support is next.

Thanks for the info u given. I have tried all the method u have instructed but still not working. I have asked for a replacement for another motherboard and the sound is working now.

I m very appreciate for the help u've given to me.

Hope you don't have any more problems, but if you do, there are a lot of talented people on this board that can help.