Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bob Frantic

driver for generic volume prevents Hibernation

I used to have the Ensonique sound card in my puter. Didn't like the way it sounded in Win2k as it crackled. Tried all sorts of driver updates. Replaced with XWAVE card from Yamaha and that ROCKS! Now though, when I try Hibernation, I get message that the generic driver for Volume is preventing my going into hibernation. Anyone got ideas which darn driver this is? tells me to reinstall the thing. Sounds like the Drivers for the Ensonique NT install corrupted something. I hate generic messages hehehe HELP please

Otay, here is the actual error i get when trying for Hibernation in Windows 2k:

'The device driver for the "Generic Volume" device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver.'

Uh, what driver? the problem persists.

Preciate any assistance anyone can provide.

Actually Yes I have, how did you know? hehe

I have Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.0 and I have PSXcopy 5.1 in my puter. Could one of these be cause of error I get?

Because that happened to me with Nero.

Try to Uninstall in the device manager the

ide Channel where you cdr/cdrw is plugged

rebot and then win2k will detected again.

I think i resolved that way my problem.

if it doesn't resolve it could be a non Win2k Compatible driver from one of those Burn soft

A way to activate Hibernation w/o deleting Nero is to delete a file called NeroCdNt.sys in the system32/drivers folder. Really Don't known what that file is used for, but the app works great w/o it