Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.X2

Hijacked

Hey guys smile

I am hijacked frown

since 2 days ago i get this msg from my antivirus:

virus.jpg

A friend said that its a hijack program for hackers....

I can delete the file with my antivirus but it keeps coming back

i used adaware to search & it found it allright.

Ad aware said that its a possible Browser Hijacker

i deleted it with adaware & i did a rescan & it wasnt there anymore....right away i restarted & i did another scan with adaware & it was back again frown

I did a couple of scans with my antivirus & that didnt find anything, BUT whenever i leave the pc on & i leave for 2 - 3 hours & i get back, i see that msg from my AV progy

so can you please help me

i need to find the main program or source or whatever that is keep making these things on my pc

Thanks alot guys

The path indicated in your screenshot is located where the Windows System Restore feature stores it's files. This will be important.

First thing I would do would be to *temporarily* disable System Restore. This *will* delete any existing restore points, so be advised.

Next, I would disconnect your network/internet connection.

Next, I would do a full antivirus scan, and either Quarantine or delete any/all infected files.

Also, you may wish to run a spyware scan, with whichever utility you prefer.

Finally, re-enable system restore, if you choose, and see if the problem returns.

What I *suspect* is happening is that your antivirus software keeps redetecting the same file(s), but since they're located in the System Volume Information folder, you as a user (yes, even an administrator) do not have access to delete those files, nothing can be done. That's why deleting the system restore cache may likely solve your problem.

smile