Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
toffees_babe

Sims 2 directX 9.0c Help

i recently got sims 2, and me and my dad managed to install it successfully. however, when i went to play the sims 2, it came up with a message saying that i need DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter!!!!

i have directX 9.0c, but what do i do with the adapter, please help, i saved up all my pocket money, and had to stop horse riding so that i had my money frownfrownfrownfrownfrownfrownfrownfrown

Don't know much about the sims, but as it's a 3D game and all...

To find out what your graphics card is, click START, then click RUN, then enter DXDIAG and click OK. This will run your Direct X diagnostic. At the top of the DX window that pops up, click the DISPLAY tab.

Check to make sure you've got the latest drivers for your graphics card. Also, check to see if your graphics card is supported by the list here: http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21 in the middle of the page the link goes to is a link for nvidia and ATI drivers. Once you know who made your card (right of "manufacturer" under "Device" in DXDIAG) follow the link on the page to get the latest drivers.

If the latest drivers don't get it working, if you don't see your graphics device listed on the EA page above, or if you have any other questions, then let us know what it says under the blue text DEVICE and DRIVERS (the more info you give, the more likely we can help). Also, unless it says "No problems found" under NOTES, let us know what is says there as well.

Hope this helps. If it does, happy gaming.

;( I installed the Sims 2 on my computer fine, but when i try to start it, i get the same error message about the Directx driver. I checked who was the Manufacturer for my computer,and it's Trident. Someone please help me to fix this,because I'm tired of waiting! lol frown smozzybiscuit@aol.com

My display driver is manufactured by STB Systems, Inc. They no longer exist and neither do the people who bought them. I tried downloading another driver but it won't work because I don't have the chip for it. I just spent $50 on the sims 2, and this info about drivers not being compatible with the new direct x was not readily available. Help please!

Hey there, i purposely joined just to reply to this.

I've recently bought a copy of The Sims 2, and yes . . . i have had the same DirectX 9.0c problem as many other people. I have installed the latest driver for my graphics card.

If you can help any further this may help, i found it in the run command "DXDIAG":

DEVICE:

Name: 3dfx Voodoo3

Manufacturer: 3dfx Interactive, Inc.

Chip type: 3dfx Voodoo3

DAC type: 3dfx Internal DAC

Approx. Total Memory: 16.0mb

Current display mode: 960 x 720 (32 bit) (75hz)

Monitor: NEC MultiSync XV15+

DRIVERS:

Main driver: 3dfxvs.dll

Version: 5.00.2489.0028 (English)

Date: 17/08/2001 15:55:58

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Mini VDD: 3dfxvsm.sys

VDD: n/a

DDI Version: 7

the latest driver would be quite old since 3dfx went bang a while back. Id suggest a new graphics card frown

hi, thanks for the suggestions, but nothing worked...i guess the only way i know it will work would be to buy a new computer...now i'm gonna save my money for an Alienware! lol

I am trying to run Sims 2 but like everyone else here it doesnt want to run, it doesnt accept the graphics card.

I have:

Intel®82810 Graphics Controller

HELP I AM GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED

Originally posted by cheswak:

Quote:

And from the MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

Quote:
Supported video cards:

ATI Radeon series (7000 or better)

VE series (see note below)

7000, 7200, 7500

8500, All-In-Wonder 8500

9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800

X300, X600, X800

NVIDIA® Quadro series

Quadro, Quadro2, Quadro4

NVIDIA GeForce series (GeForce2 and better)

GeForce 2

GeForce 3, 3 Ti

GeForce 4, 4 Ti, MX 420, 440

GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950

GeForce 6600, 6800

Intel® Extreme Graphics (see note below)

82845, 82865, 82915

NOTE: If you have a non-T&L capable video card, such as Intel Extreme Graphics or Radeon VE series, then you need at least a 2.0 GHz processor.

Not on there. You'll need to upgrade your video card.

Please help me! I'm 13 and i am very confused about my sims 2 game! I got it for my birthday but i can't play it... I read some of your messages and i found out that i have a NVIDIA Windows ME display driver... do i need a new video card or sumthing? and if i do, where can i get one? The only tech store close to where i live is future shop. Please reply asap, i really wanna play my new sims game frown (PS: Please dont use big computer lingo, i dont know much about the technicalities of computers)

In reply to : I am trying to run Sims 2 but like everyone else here it doesnt want to run, it doesnt accept the graphics card.

I have:

HELP I AM GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED"

There is actually a work around for this. I have the same video card and received the directx 9.0c error message. Intel's website had a work around that actually worked! smile

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-016327.htm

Good luck!

The directx9.0c doesn't work for me neither... but i managed to play the sims 2 by reinstalling the windows. After that, the first thing i did was to install the directx9.0c the whole problem was the previous dx9, the version B. This doesn't permit the C version to overwrite a file, and the system believes that U don't have the required DX. one way to see what is your direct x version is to write in "RUN" dxdiag. you will see there what's your version of DX. I'm not from England, so my english is BAD!!!

Hopefully, this was helpful, becouse i had similar troubles with the Need for speed Underground 2. This should have a HOTFIX ( EA GAMES !!!!!!!!!!!)

Seta... :Psmile

The graphics card dhouldn't do any trouble... it work for all. Search for a different driver... i have some buddies with kinds and kinds of graphic cards and they play the sims 2 like everybody does.. S***, they don;t even have licenses :)) i have... don't worry :P :P :P

bold text

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just installed Sims 2 and it says that it won't work due to something about DirectX 9.0 ;( I already have directX I just don't know how to update all my adapters and stuff so that my computer can support Direct 9.0 frown please someone help!! my game card thing is manufactured by ATI Tech.Enhanced....I went to their site but I didn't know which thing to install!! please!!! somone help meeee!! I need it bad!!

°¨*Grac:e*¨°

hey im 13 and i got sims 2 not so long ago, and it was workin untill our computer had to go and get fixed and we now got windows 2000 then i reinsatlled it and it came up with the same things that you ppl are saying but i got directX 9.0c.

please help!! frownfrown

Someone please i beg of you help me!I'm having the same problem with my sims2,the directx wont work b/c i dont have compatible graphic adapters.i checked the dxdiag and it says i have directx 9.0c .my graphic card thing is sis 650_740 i downloaded a new driver supposedly and it doesnt work.i realize it has something to do with my card but i go to the manufacturer which is sis and i downloaded some new driver, SiS UniVGA3 Graphics Driver (v3.63a) .on the bottom of the dxdiag thing and it says directx 9.0c isnt working b/c my display driver doesnt support it.which driver would i need? and would i just get it from sis or do i need an entirely new graphic card?

bold textI know that I have posted before but I need help badly!!! My thing says ATI Tech. Enhanced. I don't know what kind of drivers I need to support DirectX 9.0 frownfrown but someone pleeeaaaseee help me!! I need it desperately!!

xoxo

gracie!:(

who needs help BADLY!!! frownfrownfrownfrown

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry ignore my two things up above..... but now I know what my ALL of my information!! here it is....

Device

Name:RAGE PRO TURBO AGP 2X (English)

Manufacturer:ATI Tech.-Enhanced

Chip Type:Mach64:RAGE PRO

DAC Type:Internal

Approx. Total Memory: 4.0 MB

Current Display Mode: 800 x 600 (16 bit)(optimal refresh rate)

Monitor: ENVISION EN 710-e

Device

Main Driver:Mcxw4.drv

Version: 4.10.0001.2440 (English)

Date:8/21/98 15:41:30

VDD:*vdd*vflatd

DDI Version: 5

Yup!! thats all of the information....but someone please help me !!!

GrAc:E!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry ignore my three things up above..they probably made NO sense... but now I know what my ALL of my information!!i just need to know what drivers and stuff I need and crap.. because I went to the ATI site but I didn't know which one to download...because I didn't know what each on did:( well someone hellppp me!!! but anyways, here it is....

Device

Name:RAGE PRO TURBO AGP 2X (English)

Manufacturer:ATI Tech.-Enhanced

Chip Type:Mach64:RAGE PRO

DAC Type:Internal

Approx. Total Memory: 4.0 MB

Current Display Mode: 800 x 600 (16 bit)(optimal refresh rate)

Monitor: ENVISION EN 710-e

Device

Main Driver:Mcxw4.drv

Version: 4.10.0001.2440 (English)

Date:8/21/98 15:41:30

VDD:*vdd*vflatd

DDI Version: 5

Yup!! thats all of the information....but someone please help me !!!

GrAc:E!!

Originally posted by blackroses:

Quote:
...the directx wont work...i dont have compatible graphic adapters...the dxdiag...says i have directx 9.0c...my graphic card is sis 650_740...a new driver...doesnt work...SiS UniVGA3 Graphics Driver (v3.63a)...dxdiag says my display driver doesnt support it. which driver would i need? would i just get it from sis...do i need an entirely new graphic card?

I'm having the same problem.

My Direct X Device is: SiS650_740

The main driver is the SiSGRV.dll (v 6.13.0010.2076)

The Chip Type is SiS 650 Rev 00

Can I download a driver that will make this device work for Sims 2?

Heya ppl im 14 and usually very good at I.T but after many happy hours of playing on Sims2 My GeForce graphics card decided that it wss going to tell me this: Failed to find any DirectX9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have directX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. This application will now terminate. And i have no idea what that means! Plz help me! Im determined to fix it without my dad's help ! smile RoXy x