Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
choppa

NEED HELP WITH OUTLOOK EXPRESS AND ROUTER

hello

i recently installed a router on my computer, and when i wento to check my outlook express theres a dial up connection screen that pops up. I've tried cancelling it and then it just goes away, then it says im online but none of my messages come up. I checked my e mail on a different computer and then new e mails came up.

Can someone please help me?

thanks a lot

Three possibilities: 1) Your internet connection still thinks that your internal modem is the default. 2) Windows messenger comes up when you bring up Outlook Express and tries to dial out. 3) You have a trojan/virus/spyware program that is trying to dial out when you check your mail.

If it is the first possibility and you want to keep your internal modem as back up, (right click on the Internet Explorer icon>Select properties>Click on Connections tab) change its status from default and choose the "Never dial out option"; click on the Lan button and put a check in the "Automatically detect settings".

If windows messenger is popping up and trying to dial out, from Outlook Express, click on Tools>Options>General Tab and uncheck the automatically log on to Windows Messenger.

If it is the third, run your Virus software, run Ad-aware, and hope that it finds the culprit.

I advice use Abacre Antivirus.

Abacre Antivirus is new generation of antivirus software which reliably protects Windows-based computers from internet viruses worms and Trojans spreading via email and local networks, macro viruses and old executable viruses. Its strictly based on 5 main principles: 1. Reliability of healing viruses due to novice virus detection algorithms; 2. Stability of work; 3. Fast scanning speed; 4. Extremely low CPU load; 5. Reasonable price.

You can buy it with discount here -> http://aonid.biz/utilities/antivirus/12038-4/