Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hoze

Unable to upgrade directx 9.0b to 9.0c

Hello

I´m havin problem upgrade directx 9.0b to 9.0c isn´t working

to see what version directx is I use "dxdiag"

I then go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...;displaylang=en

and download "dxwebsetup.exe" I run it I accept the agreement an next. Then it says "Installation Complete The components installed are now ready for use.

but still "dxdiag" says that I still only have 9.0c

I have reinstaled windows I have got a directx removal utility but that didn´t help.

in hope of good answers smile

ps. I´m from iceland and not so good at writing english

i dont understand you problem... you were upgrading from dx9b to dx9c - if dxdiag is showing you have dx9c what is the problem?

sorry there is a typo

"dxdiag" says that I still only have 9.0c

should be

"dxdiag" says that I still only have 9.0b

I would suggest downloading and running THIS Version of DirectX v9.0c. It's the SDK runtime so it's much larger but includes all the supported OS's wink

Originally posted by jmmijo:

Quote:
I would suggest downloading and running THIS Version of DirectX v9.0c. It's the SDK runtime so it's much larger but includes all the supported OS's wink

i have tried this redistributable as well as the runtime directx 9.0c but to no avail. I have also deleted and installed direct x 8.1 and then tried to install 9c but to no avail. Nothing seems to work. i have a Nvidia Geforce 2 Go card in a 634lc travelmate laptop. running XP with SPK2 installed as well. Latest updates from Windows all installed. Latest drivers on the geforce as well

Can anybody help!