Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndyZep

NAV 05 Install msvcrt.dll

I just bought a NAV 05 and went to stall it on XP sp1, it gets to the part of the install of the msvcrt.dll and errors out and will not complete the install, I have gone to Symantec and followed there directions as to how to removel all the old NAV, with there removel tools, I have also deleted the old msvcrt.dll that was install from the old version of NAV. Im about out of things to try here and was looking for anymore ideas. Is there a site when I can get a new version of the .dll and if I replace the old one, will it affect any other programs that installed its on version of the .dll (aka Nero).

Andy

Run MSCONFIG, click on Expand File.. button, insert XP CD, type

MSVCRT.DLL, restore from (CD Drive),

Save file in (C:\Windows\System32).

Thanks too both of you for help on this, after reading what both of you said, Im confused know as to what to do, Alec your post Im sure does mean alot, but to me I dont follow much of it. If you could give me some better understanding as to the steps I need to follow that would be great. Im running XP sp1. Sorry it took so long for me to get back to the post, was out of town, but thank you very much for any help you may give.