Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shockwa

another Directx problem

ok. I have Windows XP Professional with SP2. My problem is I can't update directx to version 9.0c Whenever I try to run the websetup or even the dxsetup I get this, "The components installed are now ready to use." But it doesn't update it just goes directly to the finished screen on the installer. Just to make sure, I used regedit to see what version I have installed and it say's 4.09.00.0902 When the version I'm trying to install is 4.9.0.904 . So I am confused as to why it will not update since my current version is obviously older than the one I'm trying to install but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

dxdiag reports 9.0b with one file being an older version (qasf.dll). I was thinking about reinstalling SP2. What I think I did was roll back the directx 9.0c because my vid card was a bit older and didn't utilize the advances of the 9.0c version so I thought it wasn't necessary. But then I go to install a game and it won't work because it needs 9.0c So I will try to reinstall SP2 and see if that works.

well I reinstalled SP2 and this took care of the problem. I still find it strange that I couldn't use the dxsetup.exe, but it worked in the end and that's all that matters.

shockwa,

you meant you reinstall the sp2 without format it first? I faced the same problem as you, any people has other solution without format the computer? Because my computer full with program, so I not intended to format the computer.