Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ronin

W2K in Georgia.

Hey,

Picked up my copy of Win 2000 from a local computer store. It's the real thing folks. The CD is the best part. If anyone lives in the Atlanta area and would like to know where to pick it up just let me know.

How did you find a retail version before the release date? I guess if it has the hologram disk then its real, but could be fake you never know with half the computer stores around atlanta. I used to live there and I like the stores and such but most of the owners try tricking you into buying something you dont need then they won't let you take it back once it doesnt work.

Nope,

This is the real thing, has the hologram cd (that is the best thing about W2K) The cd is so cool looking, and the little sticker with the Product ID# that you are supposed to place on your pc.

I just noticed today that there are 2 other stores selling the same thing.

I just received my copy of W2K also. I can't install though because US West does not support my DSL modem yet.

Hey guyz, if you've installed 'the official win2k release', what is the actual version number displayed....is it really 5.00.2195 or something else. Just curious.

Thankx.

Yep,

What does it matter, It has the holgram cd, and the sticker for the front of your pc.

It's the real thing. And the best part is it only cost $150.00 for the full version not an upgrade.

I was going to run out and buy it, but I just found out I won a copy from their "sneak preview" contest...woohoo!

smile