Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Herkdog

Scanners & Win2000

Looking for new scanner and has to work with Win2000 as I don't want to go thru my Logitech and Win98 problem again.

I have been through the same scanner compatibility issues here.. after much testing I settled on the UMAX Astra 1220S drivers are rock solid leaving only an "unknown device" in the device manager (umax uds-11 scsi card) but no problems scanning, I also tested the HP 4100 usb which while working with win2k's builting drivers they do not provide any level of control over the scanning process frown.gif ahh well good luck and let us know how it turns out!

That is a good idia Seldzar. On the other note.... I hhave UMAX 1220U (USB) and it works very nice. Even better then under WIn98 and the drivers come with win2k smile.gif RC2

Tis true, checking the HCL first is a good idea, however it is very misleading in this (and other areas relating to usb devices) area, case in point: HP 4100cse scanner, yes it is USB, Yes drivers are provided with win2k rc2, however those drivers only work to scan in color at 150dpi, no other changes are possible, while this may be sufficient for some people it is not for others, and as to the UMAX USB scanners, all are on the HCL, but none but the 1220u will work in win2k since the device driver for the pv8630 usb device (the usb device inside the scanner) has NO win2k driver yet.. this (the pv8630) inhabits around 90% of the usb devices out there even though the device itself is win2k hardware compatible, it will never work (even if the "application" part of the driver package works in win2k) until a driver for the device class is released and can be installed

sorry for the long post just my 2 cents!

Jabba

I have a umax 1220u and the built in twain driver is excellent, I was totally shocked when I found it...

I have a viviscan scanner that i picked up a while ago for 75 bucks. I dont think it will ever work in win2k. It is a parallel scanner and i mailed the company and they said they werent even planning making drivers when win2k comes out. The winnt drivers dont work i tired them once and i dont think they installed or they did but just plain didnt work. Now i remember it did install but everytime i fired up photoshop and went to import and i chose twain device the feild was empty..

Anyone have a clue. im guessing ill just have to throw another 75 dollars down the drain to pick up another ****ty scanner..

Thanks for all the help. I have checked the HCL, but I like to hear what others have. Not all that is on the HCL is 100% problem free. So thanks again for the advice.

So has anyone actually got a paralell port scanner of any make to work ?

I noticed that the Umax 600P is supported. I tried these drivers with my Astra 1220P but had no luck.

Anyone seen any BETA drivers for this sucker? Or should I just mail UMAX direct and ask?

I have a Microtek Scanmaker E3 with built in EPP. I have managed to get it to operate under win2k build 2195 by installing Scanwizard 2.54. After installing S, Win2k recognises the scanner and installs drivers for it.

The only problem is that an unknown SCSI device remains which remains disabled. This problem does not affect the scanner operation.