Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vital

Untitled thread

Hi.

I come here because Dapper Dan said you can perhaps help me smile.

I've just installed Fedora core 1 and I try to instal my modem. it is a pci modem made by alcatel : speed touch pc

I can't find any driver for it... so I'm stuck... please help me...

Some more features on my modem : http://www.chipweb.de/dsl/index.php?menu=2&id2=18

Thanks for you help.

See you.

Howdy vital

I fear you've picked probably the most bothersome ADSL-modem for linux one could imagine. According to this document (PDF) there is no linux-support for the PCI version. All the internet has to offer are howtos according the USB-version.

Other sources meanwhile indicate it's possible to utilize the "mgmt.o"-management module of the USB version for the PCI-card as well. The common denominator for all these references is: "The Speed Touch PC-card is a p*** in the a** to set up under linux." And according to Alcatel's lousy and nosey driver-download page I can only subscribe to that.

So ... no solution to offer, but a tip: Trade the card for some decent external modem. Should only be a couple of EUROs/$$$.

Hi vital! Glad to have you over! smile

An external ADSL modem is likely gonna perform better for you anyway. Check out some of these. smile