Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Neo the MATRIX

IDE Driver !!

If the P5A is an intel chipset then support will be built-in to Windows 2000. Most other chipset support is built-in as well, especially for a board as old as the P5A. The newer boards (e.g. Athlon boards) may require patches, etc... (I think <g> ).

Shrink

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

Sorry Neo - not making any sense at all. The P5A uses an Ali chipset (I looked because you weren't volunteering information - if you want help you have to contribute more than "it doesn't work"). If I am to understand you correctly, you have tracked down the shutdown problem to improper Ali Windows 2000 drivers? Did you go to Asus's website to see if you have the latest bios? Since there are 3 different P5A's I can't give you much more help. Check in other places, not just here. I just did a search on dejanews for P5A, Win2k, and power and got a bunch of hits. Have you looked at any of those? You might find some other users having similar problems <hint>.

What's the old saying about helping those who help themselves???

------------------

Shrink

No problem - you speak better English than I speak German <g>.

------------------

Shrink

denke mal, du willst hibernate machen, und er sagt was von 'treiber ide port1 oder 2 verhindert hibernate'?

richtig?

vermutlich haste nero installiert, such mal in diesem forum nach der .dll die du löschen mußt. dann gehts wieder.

hat nix mit deinem mainboard / treiber zu tun. nur nero.

gruß