Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
djrich77

my fax machine

:x hi

can anyone help me i have a samsung sf430 but my linux package does not recognise it is there any drivers that i can get to get it working or a printer already in the list that it will work compatibly with....

I also have the radeon 9800 256meg which worked fine with windows but is not responding with my linux which is mandrake.

could you please help me out with this aswell please.

regards

djrich77

the linux I use is mandrake 10.1. is there no way of building drivers for it to work or something this is a really expensive printer and graphics card.

As you can see from the link that I provided, the printer is made for the Windows environment. Unless someone like Samsung or Linux printer driver devcelopers decide to make drivers at some point, is hard to say. Perhaps someone else has some ideas, but issues abound with muti-function fax-printer-copier hardware in Linux. Generally, you can get the printer to work, but not both the printer and fax. The exception is some HP multi-function systems, which some have had success with.

There are a lot of posts about ATI cards. Is this an SE or pro version card? The pro card is reported to work, but not the SE flavor, at least not in 3d mode.

This is what ATI has to say;

Please note - ATI Customer Care has NO INFORMATION regarding:

which ATI chips or products are supported in a particular version of Linux or XFree86

how to configure Linux for a given ATI chip or product

when or if drivers are being developed to support ATI chips in a given version of Linux or XFree86

what features these drivers might have

So, ATI is not really linux friendly. There are drivers on the ATI website, but they are for XFree86. I'm not sure about how they work with the X-org "X-windows" Linux graphical environment found in Mandrake 10.1. I would do a search on goggle on the specific model and see what you find.

The hardware database on Linux Compatible shows both models. One user reports success with the pro model, another no luck with 3d on the SE model.