Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
beaner

MS-DOS program exits to a black screen

My MS-DOS program has this issue with my XP Home edition: I open up the program from Windows and it pops up, full screen or normal window makes no difference, and when I exit the screen turns black. I have to shut off or put the computer on standby before the screen comes up normally again. I ran command.com as well in Windows and it gave me the same problem, so I know that this occurs whenever I open up a MS-DOS program from Windows. This started happening a few days ago. Prior to that everything worked fine, I don't remember making any changes that made this happen. So far, I've put config.nt and autoexec.nt from the repair folder into system32 but it made no difference. I can't figure this one out. Any help would be appreciated!

That article doesn't help.

I have the same problem. Video Card is intel 82845G (integrated), Display is ViewSonic VE155b (LCD)

Dos can run fullscreen in windows 2000 just fine, but when I upgraded to XP SP2, I get a black screen and an "out of range" error.

I've searched all over the internet and I can't seem to find a fix.. I hope this gets fixed soon.

This PC is for a client and they NEED fullscreen for an old DOS application (grapevine). So i'm going to have to format this pc and install windows 2000... what a waste of time.

It sounds like a problem with graphics drivers than XP or SP2.

I suggest getting an AGP card which will be much much better than your Intel graphics.