Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ladysparxx

SIMS 2

bold texthello im really upset sims 2 is failing on ma computer i dont know what the problem is i tried installung directx 9.0c but it is not working out im eager to play please please someone help me!!

Hi I messed around on this for two days for my son and here is what worked for me. I have Windows XP and here is the solution I found:

Run> dxdiag from the start menu (click on Run)

The first problem was that directx was not recognizing my savage pro driver. I downloaded a driver for my hardware and it worked.

I next ran dxdiag and under the display tab there is a Test Direct 3D button. It would sucessfully test Direct CD 7 and Direct CD 8 but would not test Direct CD 9 because it said my driver did not support it.

I closed that out and went to:

>my Control Panel,

>click on Administrative Tools,

>click Computer Management,

>click on Systems Tools

>click on Device Manager

>click on Display Adapters

>click on Driver Tab

>click on the Update Driver Button

It loaded a few files (did not catch the names) Then I

rebooted and it worked.

I hope this helps

i got the sims 2 today with all my christmas money, i got home and i was so damn angry when i installed it perfectly and then tried to run it. it came up the message

: failed to find any directX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! please make sure you have a directX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. the application will now terminate :

i have no idea what a graphic card is, let alone how or where to get a directx 9.0 supported one. i installed directx afterwards from the disk and it hasnt helped, i know it may be a long shot but i need a solution that actually works, with out me havin 2 buy a new graphic card thingybob. my current graphic adapter is a ATI technologies Inc. 3D RAGE IIC AGP, so im gessin it must be old because i can find any info about it anywhere. im only 13, i shud b playin sims, not readin up about stuff i dont even know how to prenounce. arrrgh, this rabbit is not happy! ;(