Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mcflyags

Windows 64bit Install

I have just gotten windows 64bit for my amd 64 cpu and I cant seem to get it installed. When it trys to install it says it cant find a hard drive. But I have an Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive. It's not in a raid cause I only have 1 drive right now but I currently have windows xp installed on it. I'm new to using SATA hard drives and need help getting windows to see it so it will install. Thanks for any help you can give me.

i think its because u hav a sata hard drive, when the install program for windows is loading it says at the bottom press a f something to install a third party raid or scsi. i think, well this is what i have heard, u need to select that and use a floppy that should of came with ur motherboard to install the SATA controllers. i think i have no idea i read it in another post earlier and thought it might help.

You'll need to get a 64 bit SATA driver from the manufacturer's site, and copy this onto a floppy. When you load the WinXP64 disk, when prompted push F6 to load a 3rd party driver. Put in the disk, and point the installer to the correct driver.

Arg the drivers I have wont work because they are not compatible with windows 64bit. Lokks like I'm gonna have to find a new hard drive that will be able to support 64bit OS.

You do not need a new hard drive. thats not your problem.

Its the SATA driver that is used to enable the SATA controller on the motherboard. What motherboard do you have?

we do have some drivers at www.64bitstuff.com and if we dont its pretty easy for me to find the drivers.