Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bullet8542

Help with new build.

Hello All.

I am having a major issue with a new build on a MSI 915GM-FR Motherboard with a P4HT 3.0ghz processor.

When I start to load the OS Win XP sp2 it goes through the normal loading driver stuff and them I get the blue screen and the stop error message.

Windows has stopped loading with the error codes.

0x0000007b,(0xf898c524,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

it tell me to check the hard drive for viruses (It is brand new WD 120g)

I am totally lost could a new hard drive be corrupt? Has this happened to anyone else?

I have tried to load with a older hard drive and same thing, I do notice when it starts to boot up in the black screen there is a message that says scanning for drives no found.

I am really in left field on this one HELP!!!!!

Be sure the BIOS is set for Enhanced mode for all IDE/SATA channels. Also, make sure that you connect the drive to SATA port 1, I'm assuming you have a SATA drive as it's brand new wink

The reason you want to do this is that with the 915/925 chipsets, Intel now supports (4)Four SATA ports, usually labled SATA 1 ~ 4.

If you have a third party SATA controller on this machine, you may need to disable it as you don't really need it running, this could also be where you connected the drive up to, for instance if you see a SATA 5/6 connector this would be for the third party controller.