Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Michel1129

Internet Problem when running a search

I don't know what's wrong, but I need major help here! PLEASE. This happens no matter what search engine I use (yahoo, google, anything). If you enter something to search, i.e. "nike shoes", it will bring up all sorts of random results, but just incorporate whatever the search term was ( "nike shoes" ) into the bogus results. all the Results that appear are random virus sites or weird sites. I tried a search on my laptop (the computer with the problem) and did the same EXACT search on my other computer and completely different results appeared. Also, sometimes when you do a search and the results appear, the page keeps changing the results that you see on the screen, even without pressing "refresh" or anything like that. I don't know what to do. My internet is basically useless with this problem. Any suggestions? PLEASE HELP.

Install and run Spybot, AdAware, and update your virus detections and run a virus check. I think Mcafee has a nifty program called Stinger. Which checks to see if you have some of the more common viruses. Oh, and removes them to.

I've done the typical Adaware, SpyBot, etc. And nothing helps, but I will try the stinger, Thanks. hopefully that will help.

This is really a disaster :-(