Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Programatorul

black screen

Well here is my problem. After I update my graphic drivers, office crashes in about 2 min after open. So everithing's ok with office while I keep my original drivers installed, but I can't play some new games without the new ones. In fact, when i run some games (for example "Prince of Persia Warrior Within") with the old drivers it happend the same thing as with office with the new drivers: everithing goes black and nothing responds. I mention that this happens both on win2000 and xp (not on win 98). Both OfficeXp and Office2003 give me the same problem. I tried using the new drivers, but with no Hardware Acceleration. Still doesn't work.

Someone, please help cuz right now I have to uninstall and install the right version of drivers every time I want to either work in office or play.

My video card is: Ati Radeon 9100 Atlantis (sapphire)

My mainboard is: Matsonic MS8308EP(266)

My proccesor is: AMD Duron 1GHz

Hi,

Just a thought but have your tried installing just the ATI graphic driver? I remember that there are 2 options on the ATI site for the Radeon drivers- one of them needs the .net framework and all of the bloat that comes with that.... maybe its causing a problem.

So, maybe the driver labelled "driver only" would help? I would post a link but for some odd reason i cant get onto the ATI site!!

Did you uninstall ATI Device Driver from ADd/Remove Programs BEFORE installing the new version!

If not, then remove all existing drivers and start again.

Boot up in safe mode, remove the ati drivers and display adapter device from device manager, then boot back in and Windows will/should redetect the adapter, install with new drivers.

No this is not occuring in safe mode. Where can I find the omega drivers?

One more thing. I watched what is happening more carefully and it seems that this is not occuring if I don't work with equations in that document (apparently). Very odd.

here's a change: the drivers i told u about as being the latest were from december 2004. now i took the latest drivers and installed them and now i have a crash at windows start up! cool! :(( so windows 2000 freezes at: "applying personal setting". got to enter safe mode and uninstall them. the same problem with the omega drivers