Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mizar

spoolsv ... wtf

This problem just started lately, upon booting up my spoolsv.exe crashes.. which is a bit of a problem, i cant add or access my printer... anyone know of a way to fix this.. thanks..

It would help enormously if you could at least tell us what error occured...

Also, any errors recorded in the event log might help...

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

np... whenever windows boots up.. it automatically gives me the dreaded error log being created... i try to manually run it and after which.. nothing happens.. it doesnt even show up in task manager.. no other errors to speak of.. i just cant install a printer cuz the print spooler is b0rked..

Chances are that something you've installed has crapped on one of the following...

Name Version

SPOOLSV.EXE 5.0.2161.1

SPPOLSS.DLL 5.0.2161.1

MSVCRT.DLL 6.1.8637.0

Start in safe mode and check the file versions...you may need to replace them from the CD...

[This message has been edited by YuppieScum (edited 22 February 2000).]

I had the same problem twice, first time I reinstalled w2k, fixed it but not easy just happened to me again. So this time I went into WINNT\system32\spool\PRINTERS and deleted a *.shd file rebooted and got my printer back. It worked for me maybe it will work for you.

BTW I have a compaq IJ750 printer with NT4 drivers installed.

This happened to me twice. First time I reinstalled w2k. Fixed the problem but not fun. The second time I went into WINNT\system32\spool\PRINTERS and deleted a *.shd file rebooted and my printer was back.

Maybe it will work for you.

BTW I have a compaq IJ750 with the NT4 drivers.