Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RSinton

Heroes of Might and Magic 2: XP Compatibility, I need help.

Alright, I searched the site and came up empty handed, and I've been through that nice little compatibility menu in the properties screen as well as the Compatibility Wizard, neither of which helped get the program running on my Windows XP OS.

The error message I get when I try to run the executable follows.

HEROES2W.EXE - Unable to Locate Component: The application has failed to start becaeuse WING32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I think that's the main .dll that windows 95 and windows 98 use, anyone got any ideas? Or links to a patch that would fix this?

WING was the predecessor to DirectX used by Windows 3.1 programs. Just search the net for the WING file and place it in your SYSTEM32 directory.

I'm trying to run the Heroes 2 demo on Windows XP...it initially gave me the same WING32.DLL error. I downloaded the DLL, and copied it to my system32 directory. Now, I get a Windows "Send/Don't Send" error. Any ideas why this is so? I tried using imagecfg to set it to run on a single processer [0x1] (I've got a Core 2 DUO). Any ideas?