Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sangeeta166

win32 application

frown i need some help!! i m getting the follwing problem in my computer..every time i open my yahoo messenger i.e

E:\PROGRAM~1\YAHOO!\MESSEN~1\UNWISE.EXE

D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXECUTE.NT.The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.wht should i do?

Unwise.exe is the uninstaller for the wise installation program when you install certain programs. If you connect to the yahoo messenger using an icon on the desktop, right click on the icon and click on properties properties. Look at the Target entry. If it gives you the path and unwise.exe, simply use windows explorer and using the path you found click to that folder and look for the yahoomessenger execution file. You can either right click on it and drag it to your desktop and respond to the prompt to "create icon here" of you can get the name of the program and type over the unwise.exe with the proper messenger.exe in the Target entry. If you do the former, it will create a new icon and you can delete the old icon.

when i try to read floppy discs, a system error code comes up stating that the floppy does not have the permissions to run win32 applications how do i bypass that?

IS this related to orginal poster's problem?

See sig. and try if that helps.

"Is not a valid win32 application" error occuring with recent install of Sony DVD/CD ReWritable Drive DRU-800A, DVD -R,+R 8.5 gb

Running Windows XP Professional, Version 2002,Service Pack2,

Intel Pent. 4 CPU 1.59 GHz, 768 Mb Ram

I'm sick of talking to Sony support... this is the second replacement DVD r/w from Sony... I've tried using drive as Slave and currently have the jumper set at cable select... Drive recognized along with Sony name at bootup and under my computer... cannot use Sony's most recent flash upgrade without getting the same win32 error or access either DVD or CD disks from same drive... What is going on here? And, how to fix it?

Sick...