Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
joLtz

ATI 9800 Pro 128MB 8x

Well what I wanted to ask is if anyone knows why my computer will not boot up when I install a 9800 Pro 128MB card! I plugged everything in properly and even have a 400W power supply! Everything should be fine.. But I do think I have an old motherboard.. What do you think? I would really like peoples input because I spent over a day trying to get this damn card to work! Thanks everyone

What's the make/model of the motherboard ?!?

Remember that not all AGP 4x boards will support AGP 8x graphics cards wink

if you had a nivdia card installed before this one you have to be certain all drives and software related to nivida are deleted . are you sure you have a 8x agp slot. do you have the power plug in the card plug in iot requires an external power seprat from the agp slot

Hi Joltz,

I had a similar problem when installing a Sapphire 9800 Pro (128mb) recently. It drove me mad, im assuming that after installing the card the first time, it booted up okay (before any drivers were installed)??

I found that the problem was that 1) My existing drivers still existed, and 2) The drivers/software that came with the card knackered my system. I uninstalled the drivers and used the Cat 5.4 based Omega Drivers instead (almost the same, but just the basic drivers - they work perfectly!).

Here is what i did, may be it will help you.

1) Uninstall ALL drivers for your system (old and new). Do this by downloading the following program, run it and uninstall any drivers from both your old AND new card:

http://www.drivercleaner.net/dc.htm

2) Download and install the Radeon 9800 Pro OMEGA DRIVERS, they will run your card just fine. These drivers can be found at:

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Best of luck, hope this helps.

James

Umm... It didn't boot up at all! There is no signal to my screen leaving it all black.. My computer does turn on though but nothing happens. Also.. I have a no name brand motherboard.. that is the main reason why I can't run this.. Some weird brand called Hsing tech something.. I tried up[censored] the AGP .. but nothing still works..

Thanks for all those who are trying to help so far smile I love you all :D:D:D!!

Umm... It didn't boot up at all! There is no signal to my screen leaving it all black.. My computer does turn on though but nothing happens. Also.. I have a no name brand motherboard.. that is the main reason why I can't run this.. Some weird brand called Hsing tech something.. I tried up[censored] the AGP .. but nothing still works..

Thanks for all those who are trying to help so far smile I love you all :D:D:D!!

have u tried the card on another working system to see if its not the card itself? i know when i took mine out to upgrade fan/heatsink i put it back in to have the same problem. got it replaced @ no cost and everything worked. good luck