Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
packman

Can someone with Win2KSP4 help me?

I'm trying to correct a USB 2.0 problem on my newly-formatted Win2KSP4 machine and, to help me decide how best to tackle it, I need to know which installed USB 2.0 driver files should sit in Windows' system directory, in Win2KSP4. So, can one of you kind souls with Win2KSP4 and USB 2.0 installed assist me by looking in the following locations?:

C:\winnt\inf\oem2.inf

C:\winnt\system32\drivers\usbehci.sys

C:\winnt\system32\drivers\usbhub20.sys

C:\winnt\system32\drivers\usbport.sys

C:\winnt\system32\hccoin.dll

For each of these, I need to have the file version, the file size (not the size on disk), and the modification date (should go back to various months in 2002 and 2003).

I found that, when I tried to install my USB-based scanner, it failed to do so and bombed out. It never did that with SP3. But curiously, my USB-based printer installed with no problem.

It appears that I installed the Windows USB 2.0 driver (available from my motherboard's installation CD) in the wrong way. I installed it straight on top of SP4, whereas it seems I was supposed to use the 'Update file' method, available in the Properties of the USB Controller, in Device Manager.

I strongly suspect that, as a result of doing it the wrong way, the usbhub20.sys file has not updated properly.